“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” ― Benjamin Franklin
Unfortunately for small business, time to plan is hard to find. Looking at most small businesses and their technology, I usually see a mix of equipment and software that was purchased at the time because it was needed. Not because it was the right tool for the job and fit into an overall plan that could benefit the business.
There’s no escaping that we need computer systems to build a business in today’s world. We all try to sit down before we make a decision and plan how that might or should fit into our vision of the future. When looking at the purchase of a new computer — we usually think about getting something similar to what we had before because it worked.
But what if we stepped back and asked some questions first:
- How will this help us to grow the business?
- Will it make us more productive?
- Is there a better way we could use technology to accomplish the task?
- To communicate
- To minimize repetition
- To monitor our efforts and report success or failure
- To be more secure
- Will this make us more competitive? Perhaps even give us a competitive advantage?
- Will it help us to provide better customer service?
- Will it be reliable and durable?
You have a business to run. You don’t have time to keep up with the latest in technology and how that might help your business. Give us a call! Let’s discuss your technology and how it might better serve your needs. Because we see new technology all the time, and because we know how other companies are using it effectively — we can likely help.
Like Yogi Berra said: “If you don’t know where you are going, you’ll end up someplace else.”